Wednesday, April 6, 2011

6/365 - Kristina, Floral Designer...

I loved our wedding flowers, don't get me wrong. 
Loved them. 
Crystal, our wedding planner, did an amazing job and I couldn't have been happier. The whole day was great. I did, however, think the cost of the flowers were ridiculous from day one. Crystal had no control over that. That's what happens when you go through a reception center.

Each centerpiece (on the side of the cake - I didn't have a picture on hand of just the flower arrangement) was $85.00, without the cost of the vase. It was right around $90.00 for each one with the vase. We only ordered 10 of them. I don't know... it seemed expensive. I even went to Tai-Pan Trading and bought the vases myself so our guests could keep them. 


I always keep live flowers on our coffee table in our t.v. room. I love having them around and it was time for some new ones. Yesterday after school, I ran to Smith's grocery store because I can get three bunches for $12.00. I came home and decided to arrange them in one of the vases from our wedding - the same vases in the picture by the cake. I bought a bunch of mini carnations, a bunch of alstroemeria, and a bunch of some greenery and headed home.   

$12.00 and six minutes later...
Voila!




I tied some ribbon (that I already had) around the vase to add a little more to it.
Not too shabby if I do say so myself!

Flowers: $11.97
Vase: $4.97
Ribbon (approx): $.50

Grand Total: $17.44
(that's a difference of $72.56 from our wedding ones)

I'm thinking I should quit my teaching job and start doing some wedding centerpieces on the side. I'm just saying...

2 comments:

  1. You could totally get away with it! You're brilliant with that sort of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look fantastic. On a side note, can I tell you that the flowers you brought me when I had AJ meant SOOO much to me. And they were the most beautiful arrangement too. Flowers were JUST what I needed- that day and also the 2 weeks after I had him and was all depressed and tired and needed a pick-me-up :)

    ReplyDelete