I'm later than usual getting the flowers in the yard this year. I think because the school year went into June, I feel all out of whack. And starting summer school tomorrow REALLY makes me feel thrown off. But last night while Ken was at work, I went out and started planting.
Here's part of the front of our house. When I moved in, I bought some baskets that attach to the railing. I put them out every summer. I think they add a lot to the front.
Except... the years of use have taken their toll.
So, I scraped off all of the water deposits and rust.
And repainted them all black.
Everything is all laid out and ready to go.
As a side note, I did "fix" Ken's planter. He kept saying he didn't like it and that he wished he had added the other flowers he had picked out. I took care of that.
After about an hour and a half, the baskets are all finished!
Here's the before...
and the after!
My favorite part is that they just continue to grow, and grow, and grow. By the end of summer, they are huge and colorful and showy. I love it! Now it's time to move onto the flowers that need to be planted in the ground...
So pretty!
ReplyDelete