Wednesday, June 15, 2011

77/365 - Reminder of Faith...


I had an interesting experience during summer school this morning. In front of the class and the 3 teacher volunteers, I had a child raise her hand and make an announcement. It went a little something like this...

Student: "Guess what, Mrs. Adams... my aunt moved a tornado."
Me: (completely blowing off her comment and trying to get back on my teaching subject) "Okay. Thanks."
Student: "No, she really did. She moved the tornado."
Me: (exchanging awkward looks with the teacher volunteers in my classroom) "Well, you can't really MOVE a tornado. You can't control it. Tornadoes are like the wind, they move on their own."
Student: (looking at me with complete disgust and doubt) "That's not true. She moved it. It moved because she prayed for it and knew it would happen. It didn't hit her house because she prayed for it to move."

I was speechless.

I simply said "Oh, she moved it with prayer", and said no more. I was floored. 
Of course she moved it with prayer. 
Everything is possible with prayer, even moving something as forceful as a destructive tornado. I am grateful for her reminder today. Prayer is stronger than the strongest forceful winds. I'm glad there are 7 year olds on this earth to remind of us of the simple things we sometimes forget.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing - I was glad to read this today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops. Commented on the wrong post. Cut and paste last comment here. :)

    ReplyDelete