We didn't really celebrate Mother's Day. I didn't want to because I'm not a Mother. Ken called it "Happy 2nd Sunday in May" day and got me some balloons. It was sweet. So, we celebrated "Happy 3rd Sunday in June" day today. I got Ken a waffle maker. Yep. You read that right. A waffle maker. I thought we needed one, and celebrating the 3rd Sunday in June seemed like a good excuse to buy one to me. We decided to make belgian waffles for dinner tonight.
We made a caramel cinnamon drizzle for them and topped it off with whipped cream. Yeah... it was pretty much like eating cake for dinner. Don't worry though... I balanced it out with bacon and hash browns. Ha ha ha!
I also got Ken the "traditional" gift of a tie. The man only has 2 ties. I thought he could use another.
I don't think I did too bad. He wore it to church today and to the MTC tonight. I think I did pretty good, considering I've never chosen a tie for someone before. All in all, I think we had a pretty good 3rd Sunday in June.
No comments:
Post a Comment