I don't know if you've heard about the dad that dressed up all crazy each morning to go outside and embarrass his high school sophomore by waving goodbye to his school bus. Whew! Did you follow that? It's made national news and the family lives not far from us, although we don't know them. In a nutshell, the sophomore got embarrassed when mom and dad went out on the front porch on the first day of school to wave goodbye as the school bus drove off. I guess he came home that day, got all upset, and said that it really embarrassed him when they did it. His dad took it to heart and decided the sophomore hadn't seen embarrassing yet. So dad decided to dress up differently every day to go outside and wave to his son as he left on the bus for school. The mom started a blog that you can look at HERE. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from their blog. BTW... the dad lost his leg in an accident so yes, that is a prosthetic you see.
(that raccoon cracks me up! and the fact that it's child sized costume draped around his neck... hilarious!)
(go glad he has a little green purse to complete the ensemble)
I told Ken we will just buy our kids a giant minivan to drive with fake wood trim inside and out to embarrass them but after seeing this, it's giving me better ideas. There are mixed feelings on it, but I think it is downright fantastic!










I heard about the story but I didn't realize they lived so close! That is hilarious!
ReplyDelete