Sunday, June 12, 2011

74/365 - Fun Surprise and MORE Planting...

Ken's sister, Alexa, sent me a fun surprise in the mail yesterday. She made me a super cute sign to hang outside my classroom. She made them as gifts for her children's teachers. You can see her post about how she did it HERE. Thanks Alexa! I love it and am taking it to my classroom tomorrow.


Well, the other side of our front yard got finished this weekend. Here are the flowers we decided to put in.




And here is the flowerbed and pot before we got started.


The plants are in the ground but we decided to redo the pot. The green plant comes back every spring and really took over.



I dug about half of it out an added a spike and the same flowers on the ground to tie it all together.


Viola! All finished. Our yard is really colorful. We didn't just choose one or two colors and coordinate it all. We chose a whole bunch of different and bright colors. Now I can't wait to watch it all grow and fill in. I love this time of the year!


2 comments:

  1. That is so cute that Alexa made that for you, it is a really great idea!!! And your yard is going to be beautiful. When Peggy has us all over for a BBQ we will have to drive by your house for sure. I can't wait to see a picture of it all together now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved seeing your place, and your yard truly is a peaceful, beautiful bit of earth! -Adam and Lily Eggleston

    ReplyDelete