Tuesday, June 21, 2011

83/365 - It didn't hurt to ask...

We have Dish Network at our house.
I've had Dish for about 4 years.
I initially had a few problems with them... well, with the installer. He fell through my ceiling and mounted the satellite on the side of the house wrong, all in one visit. Yep. I'm not joking at all. It all resulted in a $1600.00 ceiling makeover (paid by Dish) and a different guy coming out to reinstall the satellite. Aside from THAT, there hasn't been a problem. Ken and I were approached this weekend by a company who independently represents Direct TV, another satellite company. Their offer was pretty good. It was a monthly savings of about $40.00. We were tempted and met with the independent representative. 

I called Dish Network to get our account information. I needed to know how much longer we were contracted for, and the charge if we chose to break the contract early. Of course the Dish Network phone representative wanted to talk to me - talk me into staying. I assured her we weren't canceling, but just looking into our options. She transferred me to an account representative anyway and the offers came in.

In the end, Dish Network took our monthly bill from $92.56 to $66.00 to get us to stay. I was amazed that a little poking and curiosity could actually lower our bill. I've heard of people lowering interest rates with a phone call, although that's never worked for me. So, I guess we're sticking with Dish Network and gloating about our lower monthly bill. Who knew a phone call could do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment