So within the last two weeks, Ken and I have been out doing a little Christmas shopping...
for ourselves.
Yeah. You read that correctly.
If that's not the definition of selfish than I don't know what is.
It seems we're a little more concerned with US this year than we are with YOU.
Sorry.
I guess that's just how it is.
Our original plan was to get rid of the furniture we have in our front living room and replace it with something new and different. We've talked about putting two chairs in the room and adding a fireplace. Here are a few of the chairs we've gone and looked at in person.



The chair below is the one we both agree on.
The problem is (and you can't tell this at all by the picture) that the background of the fabric is a really dark brown and the pattern is a really nice green color, but it looks a little too turquoise-ish in certain light. We both think it might be a little "louder" than we'd want in our front room.
We also like the look of this type of a fireplace.

A few nights ago, I told Ken that I was wondering about changing our plan.
Rather than get new furniture, I thought it might be nice to organize our downstairs storage room which holds food storage, seasonal decorations, and general "what the heck do I do with this crap" crap. We've also talked about getting a freezer as well. So Christmas for the Adams this year might be organizing and freezing. We'll just have to see.
Last night we went out shopping but this time we looked at freezers and shelves.
What to do...
A chest-type freezer?
How large?
We don't need a large one right now. But with children in the future (there is NO announcement here), who wants to buy a bigger one in a few years?
An upright freezer?
(my vote is the upright - it seems easier to store and view things)
And exactly how many shelving units to get?
Life just seems to be full of tough questions like this.
TOUGH QUESTIONS!
I am glad though that it looks like we will be getting the basement better organized. I have a 2 week break off of work this year.
Organizing and time off... that's like a Christmas present all by itself!




No comments:
Post a Comment