Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Franny B. Kranny, There's a Bird in Your Hair...




A few weeks ago, the mother of one of my students told me how I reminded her of a character in a book she had titled Franny B. Kranny, There's a Bird in Your Hair! She told me that the hairstyle of the main character looked a lot like mine. As you can tell from the cover picture on the lefthand side, Franny B. Kranny and I have something in common.

The student's mom sent the book to school with him today. I read it to the class and LOVED it! I had never seen it before and am going to buy me one. They're out of print, however, and a new hardback copy is just under $100.00. I'll be surfing Amazon for a used copy instead.

You may not like the book as much as I did. I think it's because I can relate to it. I have long, frizzy hair that I hate to have cut. People are always telling me to wear it down or to cut it. And I wear my hair up all of the time. The only thing is... I don't have a bird in my hair... yet.

I found this video clip of a librarian reading the story. It's about 6 minutes long. I think the book is really cute! I love it when I find new children's books I don't have!



4 comments:

  1. Do you get headaches from having your hair up every day? I pull mine into a pony every day because I am lazy, and I have been getting headaches lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I never get headaches from wearing my hair up. I think it's because it's ALWAYS up, with the exception of when I wash it. After I blow dry it, it gets pulled right back up... everyday. I even sleep with it pulled up. I know... I should wear it down more but it's a lot more comfortable pulled up. (I didn't even wear it down for my own wedding!) Last year, I wore it down to school only one time. My students freaked out because they didn't like it. They said it didn't look like me. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute book!! Now you know what to do with your hair on crazy hair day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From one naturally, curly-haired person to another...I feel your pain. My cute husband gave me a Chi 2 years ago for Christmas...it is still one of my favorite gifts of all time.

    Love the book...I think the girls would get a kick out of it. They love all things girly! Stephanie's Ponytail by Robert Munsch is one of their favorites.

    ReplyDelete