Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The self-inflicted cost of courtesy...


Sharing and accommodation.
Welcome to marriage.

I am happy to share, and am really trying me best to accommodate Ken. And by accommodate, I mean do my best to make sure his life is a little more enjoyable and convenient too. You know, the man always has his clothes washed and put away, a clean home to come home to, and food to eat. He's not helpless by any means, but it's important to me that some things just get "done" for him. He does things for me too. Don't worry... it goes both ways.

Sharing a garage has taken a little adjusting to. I'm used to pulling in wherever I want to, and taking up as much space as I'd like. Now I leave room for Ken. One thing I wanted to do out of courtesy was leave enough room in front of my car so he could pull in, get out, and walk to the door into the house without having to go around and behind my car. So, I haven't been pulling up quite as far in the garage.

Well, evidently the sensor on my garage door isn't as accurate as I thought it was.




Yep.
Nice, deep, wide scratches from the hardware on the garage door that go clear through the paint and down to the primer. Well, at least I know that Ken was able to happily and conveniently get in front of my car to get into the house. There must have been plenty of room. Oh well. It's only a dumb car. I can think of a lot of other things that would make me a lot more upset.
Just another lesson learned from personal experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment