Friday, November 5, 2010

It happens...

Misspelled names.
It happens.
Just ask actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

Her star on the walk of fame was misspelled. It read...
Julia Luis-Dreyfus
instead of
Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

Today, I was asked to write a letter of recommendation for someone. I got into my computer files and opened up one that I had written in May to look at as a guide. I had written it for my student teacher who was interviewing in the district that I teach in. I read through the letter and was quite impressed with what I had said... until I got to the end. I had signed the letter...

Sincerely,
Kristian Chidetser

instead of
Kristina Chidester

Yeah.
I actually spelled my first AND last name wrong.
WHO DOES THAT?!
This misspelled letter of recommendation got included in who-knows-how-many resumes. One of which I know for a fact went to an old principal I worked for several years ago. Oh how nice. I am so glad that I teach first grade where at least half of my students misspell their names on occasion. I fit right in. Geez!

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny!! :) I can't even tell you how many times I've spelled my name wrong, luckily, I find it before anybody else does... at least I think I do. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...have you ever noticed that if I sign my name too fast there are WAY too many bumps on the M? If I'm writing cursive? Especially on Jamie? Yeah, it's like Jammmmie. I get a little carried away sometimes, but you still crack me up!! :)

    ReplyDelete