Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Potato Soup and Tank...

My new weird "married thing" is trying my hand at cooking new recipes. I'm not sure why. I guess I'm just interested in feeding the man I love something I've never tried myself. Ha ha! I made this baked potato soup last night for dinner. I got the recipe from a woman I work with in the Young Women's program. Ken and I LOVED it! It's a recipe we'll be keeping for sure.

Since it's been so chilly outside, warm creamy soup sounded delicious!

Baked Potato Soup

1/4 c. butter

1/4 c. onion

1/4 c. flour

1 can chicken broth (the soup can size)

1 can evaporated milk (the soup can size)

2 large or 3 med. potatoes, baked and diced

salt & pepper

4 strips bacon

1/2 c. cheese

3 Tablespoons green onion, chopped

Melt the butter and cook the onions. Add the flour and and cook mixture for 5 minutes. Add the liquids. Stir until thickened. Add potatoes and salt & pepper to taste. Continue to heat potatoes completely through and allow the soup to to thicken. Top with bacon, cheese, green onion, and sour cream, if desired.


We had homemade rolls too!


Here's what we topped our soup with!





Can I just tell you how much I LOVE seeing this every morning?




There's our little guy waking up. Tank makes these little "nests" in the blankets and curls up and sleeps. It's adorable! Sorry... just had to share.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo... I will be trying this very soon!! Looks delicious!! And I love Tanks little sleepy head. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete