Yeah, I'm not sure my blog name needs an explanation. However...
Kristina = me.
Krazy = how I feel most of the time.
Kapers = (by definition) a frivolous, carefree episode or activity.
This is where it began - and there is a point to the post and all of the pictures. It gives me the opportunity to blog about a FABULOUS trip I took about two years ago with my cute friend Amy and her friend Robin. The three of us went on an amazing Alaskan cruise together. (that's what happens when you're 30+ and single with a job, a savings account, and 10 personal days at work)
Here's the proof!
(and I took all of the photos my little self - well except this Alaska map)
This is where it began - and there is a point to the post and all of the pictures. It gives me the opportunity to blog about a FABULOUS trip I took about two years ago with my cute friend Amy and her friend Robin. The three of us went on an amazing Alaskan cruise together. (that's what happens when you're 30+ and single with a job, a savings account, and 10 personal days at work)
Here's the proof!
(and I took all of the photos my little self - well except this Alaska map)
Here is our actual ship.
I have some pretty good Ansel Adams photography skills if I do say so.
We traveled with Regent Cruise Lines - pretty swanky!
Our marble and tile bathroom.
Part of our cabin.
(We took a lot of naps - the beds were rarely made)
My cute friend Amy when we were in Canada.
(Robin was a bad sport. He never would look at the camera)
Amy and Robin taking it all in. It was incredible.
(Robin dodging the camera again)
Yours truly.
I went to a logging show one afternoon when we docked.
Buff men in plaid flannel? Yes, please!
(Pre-Ken, of course!)
I got some AMAZING pictures off of the deck of our cabin. Amy and I would sit out there on the reclining lounge chairs with blankets and discuss the meaning of life... and boys.
This is where the blog name comes in...
While we were on our cruise we kept having to say "No, thank you" to all of the alcohol they wanted to serve us, ate a lot of cookies, did a little karaoke, cheated Robin out of winning a few board games, played ping pong, ate incredible food and watched an AWFUL production called Crew Capers. The last night on the ship, the crew put on a little "Broadway" for us. It was pretty bad. It was waiters, waitresses, and housekeeping singing and dancing about how glad they were we traveled with them. I'm not racist, but it was a little difficult to understand considering the crew was mostly Asian. But once I was home, I decided I wanted to begin a blog and for some reason crazy capers was in my head. So, I added Kristina, and switched all of the c's to k's (not sure why though) and there you go! Kristinas. Krazy. Kapers. Dumb story, but that's how it came to be.

Wow, wow, wow. Nice segue. I'm really surprised that is were the name came from. "Well actually"...I think that show only seemed bad because we were spoiled with all those incredible performances by Elton and Ray Solaire -aka- Mr. Bojangles. But it really was a fabulous trip- A LOT of good memories. Loved those heated ping pong and Phase 10 games. Not to mention that we were there for Vi, Free Willy, peg leg, the calving, Temple Mariners, Louis Armstrong, etcetera, etcetera! Remember Viktor the tv repair man in the sexy white jumpsuit? lol. It's long overdue, but a big THANK YOU to both you and Robin for not throwing me overboard a couple of those days. I'm sure it was tempting. Apparently, having creme brulee + 20 cookies everyday can make a person really ornery.
ReplyDelete