I know, I know... blogging about your pet is L.A.M.E.
Sorry, folks. It's part of our mundane life.
And this furry little guy keeps us constantly laughing.
Part of what makes Tank so funny is that he is 11 1/2 years old, and it's showing. He's a little deaf and more than a little blind, but he hasn't caught onto that fact yet. The poor thing still tries so hard to be the graceful dog that he once was. In the mean time, he does the cutest things.
When Ken moved in, he decided that Tank was part of the family. When we would eat a meal, Ken would conveniently slide out a chair so that Tank could jump up and be part of the action. Much to my disapproving looks and snide comments, it still happens.
I HATE when he puts his paws on the table!!
The minute I leave the table for any reason (I was getting some peas out of the microwave in this picture) Tank will immediately jump onto my chair because he knows "someone" will give him something to eat.
The other night, Ken was at work. I came home and I couldn't find Tank. I walked through the house calling his name and he didn't come. I started to look for him and saw this...
I had some laundry on the floor in the bedroom closet and Tank had moved it into a pile with his paws and made a little "nest" out of it. He was happily sleeping. I turned off the light and let him have his nap.
How could THIS possibly be comfortable? Ken and I were cracking up that Tank chose to sit this way on the recliner. I'm a little surprised he didn't fall off.
Tank sleeps in our bed. There. I said it. We're gross pet owners who let their animal sleep in bed. A lot of people think it's gross, I'm sure. But there is a long story as to why Tank sleeps in bed. And since he doesn't shed, it really doesn't bother me one bit. Although he snores and is a bed hog, he sleeps in style every night.
One of the funny things that Tank does is he burrows under the covers in our bed. On Saturday morning, I snapped these pictures of Tank. He'll go under the covers, turn around, and then come back up so his head is poking out but his body is still under the blankets.
They look a little like twins to me in this picture.
I'm sorry... but that's just cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment