Dear Robert's Crafts,
We have been very fortunate to have you in our city for sometime now. You have served me well and I love you. Although our encounters will be farther apart from now on, you will still see me from time to time. I am sorry, but I feel like you don't have quite as much to offer me, at such a reasonable cost... 40% coupon or not. I will, however, always rely on you for my Hobble Creek candles. You will always hold a special place in my crafting heart.
Sincerely,
Kristina
But...
Dear Hobby Lobby,
Welcome to my city! I was so elated to find out several months ago that you would be moving close to me. You are now a mere 5 minute drive from our home. Although my husband refers to you as "Satan's Warehouse", I know we will become the best of friends. Ken's just a little jealous. I have the entire summer off of work to get to know you better! I could come visit you every day! The best part is that you are overly affordable and even have coupons to boot!
Thank you for sending me my own special reminder of your existence.
Coupon or not, you've already won me over!
Your store is like a bright beacon shining gladly upon the west side of our town.
Although many stores are closed on Sundays, I love the wording on your store sign... "time for family and worship". It makes you THAT much more attractive.
You have hours and hours worth of aisles to peruse. I could get deliriously lost in your maze of all things cute and crafty.
You offer me aisles and aisles of lamps.
You have a great selection of completely useless but decorative metal and glassware.
You even have a ton of crap that I would NEVER consider buying.
You are introducing me to all kinds of things that I would never want. Shot Gun Shell lights? Who knew!
Thank you for offering me endless amounts of wrought iron,
and super cute black and white things that have absolutely no point to them.
I am in awe of your walls and walls of baskets,
and your seemingly endless sea of picture frames.
Your lovely aisles of candles are very easy for me to get distracted in.
My only purchase from you on this day was a metal MAN CAVE sign that was only $5.00 for the door to my hubby's new office. I'm confident that together, we'll convince Ken that "Satan's Warehouse" is a mecca for all things crucial for a happy survival.
Oh the joy that you have brought to my crafting and home decor soul!
Welcome to my city!
Much love and admiration,
Kristina

LOL...hilarious! I am actually the proud owner (by marriage) of those very festive shotgun shell lights! :)
ReplyDeleteI may have laughed so hard, I peed my pants! My favorite part was "Satan' Warehouse", I think Jon might feel the same way. LOVE Hobby Lobby, love that they open at 9, the other morning I'll admit I was there waiting for the doors to open!
ReplyDeleteWe are back in town now so I can catch up on your blog and get back to mine I guess lol. I LOVE hobby lobby. My husband would LOVE those shotgun shell lights. I think wearing a color shirt each day is brilliant. And you are so cute with the posts you do. I love hearing about Ken and your cute family/house, etc. I love your blog and I read it all the time, just so you know :)
ReplyDeleteI've never been to Hobby Lobby but it looks like my kind of store. Where is the new store opening?
ReplyDeleteThis post just made my day. You are so cute!!!! I needed and appreciated the laugh.
ReplyDeleteAmy, it's in American Fork where the old Smith's used to be. I love that place!!
ReplyDeleteI love it!! I've never been to Hobby Lobby but I know they have one here in Peoria. They should give you an extra discount because you just gave them another customer - ME! I'm going tomorrow. I never knew what it was. :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for us to go together! I love this place! I think I'm going to buy just one or two things, and I spend at least an hour. Even Morgan loves looking around as we walk down the aisles. Lots of stimulation!
ReplyDelete