Can I just begin by saying that I am soooo glad it's Friday?
Super glad. Overjoyed. Elated.
This week went by pretty slowly.
I don't feel like I really have anything to blog about.
But here are some of the things that filled my week.
(other than first graders)
I took some of the girls in my Young Women's class to the BYU Museum of Art to see the Carl Bloch art exhibit. I really enjoyed it and could have stayed longer but after an hour or so, the girls were getting bored.
This was my favorite of all of the paintings there. It's pretty huge and is owned by BYU. When you go, you can rent an iTouch to take with you on the tour. I was able to click on every subject in the picture to find out what each one represents. Pretty cool.
I liked this painting too.
Ken and I, along with my mom and dad, will be going to the exhibit in about 2 weeks. It will be good to take a little more time there.
I also had a hankering this week for some cookies. Ken is trying really hard to watch what he's eating, and I'm mainly watching it go in my mouth. I NEEDED COOKIES!! So I made an emergency trip to Paradise Bakery.
Deliciousness to go!
Not to worry... I got a few episodes of Hoarders in as well.
I believe I may have a minor addiction to the online game Bookworm. I love to have it going on my laptop at night. I can play it, leave it, and then come back to it. And by the way... the word "ass" is only worth like 200 points and I think it should be worth more!!
I also got my visiting teaching finished. "I heart visiting teaching"... yeah, something like that.
I found out that my summer vacation will have a slight detour.
I've been asked to teach summer school again. It will begin as soon as school gets out and end on July 1st. I've taught summer school before. I know that I'll regret agreeing to it the night before the first day because I will want to sleep in. But we could use the extra money for Ken's tuition and I'm not really busy with anything else anyway. I'll still have a nice few weeks of sleeping in with no school.
This next week I'll be meeting up with some good friends I don't get to see very often. Tomorrow, Amy and I are meeting up for a girls night out. Woo hoo! We always have a great time together. "Chuckie" and "Victor Dollar" are a few of our favorite topics. Then I get to spend Monday evening with my beloved friend "Nuke" from high school. We had a MASSIVE falling out years ago (all because of a dumb boy that she is now in the process of divorcing) and quit speaking to each other. At the time, it was a valid situation. But time passes, people change, hind sight is 20/20 and truly good friends become more real and meaningful. We reconnected with each other about a year and a half ago and LOVE getting together. It's almost like the 15 years of silence never happened. I love her!!
Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!










No comments:
Post a Comment