Friday, November 11, 2011

217/365 - For Allison and Kim...

My good friends Allison and Kim no longer teach at my school. They both had babies and moved on in life. I miss them. As boring as this post is, I thought I'd show them some of the unexciting excitement that's been going on around my school. First of all, who knew that water could continually leak through two foot thick brick? Not only that, it's been seeping through the brick after two treatments of sealant too. So the districts solution is to seal it again and paint the entire building with a water repellent paint. Half of the building is finished. Here's a little peek.

Before


After


Before


And after.




I must admit, I'm not fan of the checkered brick. I'm happy to see that go.



One other thing that is amazing about where I teach are the views! These photos were taken from the playground.






All in all, I like the new look. I was afraid it was going to look bad but it's growing on me. It looks cleaner and newer too.



1 comment:

  1. It's SO pretty there. I miss those mountains. And yes, that needed doing. All the paint by the windows in my old room had water damage... I didn't realize it was all over the school. Thanks for the update! And by the way, I am serious about meeting up over Thanksgiving. Are you going to be around?

    ReplyDelete