Sunday, November 27, 2011

233/365 - 12 Days of Christmas...

 I was online a few days ago on a website I like. It's for a cute store not too far from where we live. I saw THIS on the website and loved it! Ken and I went the next day and ended up buying two of them. I'm so excited! I've never done the 12 Days of Christmas for anyone. We're going to do it for the neighbors that live on both sides of us. One neighbor is an older couple. He is sick and is home all day and she works part time as a school lunch lady. The other neighbors really struggle financially. They have three kids and are a really nice family. We feel like both of our neighbors could use a little extra fun this Christmas season. The gifts aren't amazing or anything (place mats, candles, treats, Sprite, an ornament, popcorn, etc.) but it I think it will be fun for them to receive.

Ken and I went and bought 2 of the kits.


The kit consists of a supply list and tags to cut out and include with the gift each day.


Of course I couldn't leave well enough alone. The whole idea of the kit was to keep it simple and just cut them out but I decided to scrap each tag to make them a little more festive.


Here are the first 4 days!




 
And here are all 12 tags completed.


Now I need to scrap the other set of 12 tags.
The good thing is that we've purchased almost everything we need for both neighbors. That leaves me a lot of time to wrap everything up in cellophane all super cute. Ken and I are so excited. It's been hard for me to get in the spirit of the season the last couple of years and I'm already beginning to feel it! I'm really excited to see if we can pull this off!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you are doing this! We used to do this when I was growing up. It's time I started doing this with my kids. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have done different variations on the 12 days of Christmas for many years. My kids keep finding new and exciting ways to do it each year. We love it too! Totally makes the season so much better!! Another easy and fun way to do it is to do the 12 days of Christmas Nativity. YOu buy a nativity set (some have more and some have less that 12 pieces so then you have to be a bit creative-like including some Christmas music, etc on the other days) and then give a piece each night ending with baby Jesus on Christmas eve. Really fun.
    Enjoy it..... just the anticipation makes you smile. :)

    ReplyDelete