Thursday, November 3, 2011

209/365 - End of an era...

Yep. The end of an era has come.
After 16 years of working at Kohler's, Ken has officially quit, turned in his store keys and closed that chapter of his life. After much discussion, Ken's decided to focus on his classes at BYU. I won't lie... this new change brings a little stress to the both of us. Hopefully it's for the best and will give Ken the time and energy he needs to work on his degree.

So in honor of his new endeavor, we had a brief but delicious celebration tonight... after he finished his 2+ hours of homework. See? No time for a second job in addition to teaching private lessons and two undergrad classes at BYU. Here are a few pictures of our humble little celebration.

Cupcakes from Dear Lizzie and a lemon cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes.



The grad school student himself.


Yum! Before...


during...


and after.


Kohler's has been a really great place for Ken to work. He's met a lot of people and made a lot of friends. I know he will miss that. We'll be great Kohler's customers so we can continue to see everyone!


2 comments:

  1. The Kohler's in Highland???? I KNEW he looked familiar. I used to shop there all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!?!?! He quit!?!?! That is the end of an era!! Kohler's won't be the same without Kenneth behind the counter. But that is great news for you! Maybe you will actually see him now! :)

    ReplyDelete