I have a wild and crazy notion that I want to change the bedding in our bedroom. Here is a picture of the current bedding. We bought a new sleigh bed when we got married (not the one pictured), but the bedding is still the same. I like the bedding, I really do. I fell in love with it and that's why I bought it all. It's about $700.00 worth of quilts and pillows (damn that Gardner Village!) so I don't want to get rid of it. I may make it be the bedding in the guest room downstairs. I have some unexplained craving to do a European black and cream damask/stripe or something. I'm hoping it's just a phase.
I went to Gardner Village today (big surprise) and found this bedskirt. Ken and I had talked about adding a bedskirt to our room to change things a little. What do you think about the stripes?
I haven't put it on the bed yet. I'm not sure what I think, and Ken hasn't seen it. What do you think? Do the colors work? Is it too much?

I just spent some time catching up on your blog--I've been out of town. I always enjoy your posts.
ReplyDeleteYes! I love the bedskirt. Mixing patterns is the thing to do and I am a big fan of stripes. I think it totally works. Do it! :) :) :)