Tuesday, July 5, 2011

97/365 - Birthday Bargain...

The 4th of July is a day if celebration in our country. I think it's mostly because it's my older brother Clint's birthday as well. Ever since Clint has been born, people have always been shooting off fireworks for his birthday. No one celebrates my December 28th birthday like that. Go figure!

Clint had mentioned to me several times that he wanted a smaller patio table to put out on the deck of his condo. He told me to keep my eyes open for a table that was about 2-3 feet tall, metal, with a stone/mosaic tile top. Easier said than done. I had looked at several stores and had no luck. I was shopping with my friend Kim last week and she and I were looking as well. No luck.

Well on Saturday, Kim texted me to let me know she had seen a table at Kohl's that she thought Clint might like. I asked her how much it was and she said she didn't know but she thought it was about $50.00. So, I headed down to Kohl's to see what the table looked like.

It looked to me like what Clint was describing.



Somehow Kim missed this sign next to the table...


When I took a closer look at the table, I found this...


Score! 
Originally $139.00 on clearance for $27.99
I was thrilled! 
I also had a "save an extra 25%" coupon so the table cost a grand total of $21.00. That's a savings of $118.99. I love when you can find exactly what you're looking for on clearance. I called Ken at work to brag about my deal, and texted Kim to let her know it was perfect. We gave it to Clint yesterday for his birthday and he really liked it. Thanks, Kim, for the tip off. I would never have thought to look at Kohl's but I'm sure glad you were there and spotted it!

1 comment:

  1. Two things I love...finding the perfect gift and a good bargain! That rocks!

    ReplyDelete