Wednesday, July 13, 2011

105/365 - Fortunes...

We have a little saying in my family. Lunch wagon. I think the term was first coined years ago by my brother Brian. My mom and dad leave work and go out to lunch together every day. If you're invited or fortunate enough to catch a ride on the lunch wagon, they will take you with them and buy your lunch as well. When I was single, semi-jobless and in college, I very much looked forward to the lunch wagon and went often. Yesterday afternoon, Ken and I went on the lunch wagon... by invitation, of course.

The lunch wagon stopped at China Isle, one of our favorite Chinese restaurants. We all ate very yummy high-carbohydrate and off-the-chart caloric plates of satisfying Asian deliciousness. At the end of the meal, we all got our fortune cookies. My cookie was more or less a "statement cookie" and Ken's was dumb. However, my mom and dad's fortunes were worth blogging about, so I kept them.

Their fortunes...


Upon closer exam you will see that according to the fortune, my mother is "the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life." Lame.


My dad's fortune, however, is the BEST one I have ever seen!!
"You are not illiterate."


Now that I know my dad can read and I won't have to tutor him after he gets home from work, I will be sleeping much better at night. 
Best. Fortune. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment