I know this is horrible to say. Our Young Women left for girls' camp this morning and I am soooooo glad I'm not with them. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE our Young Women! I miss my calling of working with these amazing girls. I just hate girls' camp. Plain and simple. Tent camping, dirt, campfire cooking, and lack of running water just isn't for me. I would have been a crappy pioneer.
Last year, I was able to use the "I am getting married in two weeks and still have a million things to do" excuse, although I did go up for an entire day. This year, I wasn't sure what my excuse would be. But I was released from my calling in time to dodge that bullet. Whew! Close call.
So there you are. My former Young Women are setting up their tents three hours from civilization in mid-July temperatures, and I am sitting in my chilly 68 degree home with the internet, television, cell phone service and a Diet Coke.
I prefer it that way.

I hear ya! I was actually the camp director last year. I thought they were kidding. I have no real camping experience and I really don't care for it. So, what did I do? I called a really great assistant camp director and she knew all about this sort of stuff.
ReplyDeleteMegan