Sunday, July 3, 2011

95/365 - A day of rest...

Who said the Sabbath is a day of rest?
Not at our house.
After church, we got a little house cleaning done. My wonderful hubby kept offering to help. I finally asked him to please roll the piano away from the half wall so I could change the light bulb that hangs over the stair well. The next thing I knew, he had taken it upon himself to change the bulb... without moving the piano.



After he safely made it down from the ledge without my having to call 911, he helped me put up some bunting that I had bought yesterday. I've ALWAYS wanted to hang patriotic bunting but have never bought it. I found these on clearance at Kohl's. I love them! They're stitched and pieced, not silk screened. I think they look great!




We had my parents over tonight for dinner and some fireworks. Ken grilled teriyaki chicken on the BBQ. We had rice, asparagus, and Chinese cabbage salad. I also made a butterscotch cookie dough pie for my dad and Ken. My dad doesn't eat chocolate, so I try to make things he'll like. My mom and I had a fruit tart. After it got dark, we headed outside to start blowing things up.

Here are the wonderful people who gave me life.


I filled up a watering can... just in case.





There's Ken, our pyrotechnician.


I had to take a picture of all of the smoke we were making. We certainly did our part to contribute to the demise of the ozone layer.


Happy fourth of July everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment