Thursday, July 21, 2011

113/365 - The eye doctor...


Not only am I at the age where I evidently need a mammogram, I am also beginning to need glasses. I have great vision, don't get me wrong. I can read all of the smallest lines on their little charts and papers. But when I read or spend time on the computer, my eyes begin to ache and things at a distance start to get fuzzy. The eye doctor told me I have some spasm that makes it more difficult for my eye to focus. I'm pretty sure my brain has that exact same spasm.

Ken is just plain blind. His eye glass prescription from last year is pretty much worthless. He is excited to get some better glasses. I'm excited for him too. I swear that man can't see a thing! 

Today was frame choosing day. I just need reading glasses with a mild prescription. I went in with a preconceived notion that I wanted "nerd glasses"... you know, the heavy frames. 

These were in the running for quite a while...



But then I tried on a bunch more.


Ken called these the "Sally Jesse Raphael" glasses. 
I can kind of see it.



These are scary old-lady-huge-frames. 
Definite FAIL!






I still like the nerd look...


but I settled on these. They were really comfortable.


More testing.


We both had our eyes dilated. Ken was pretty proud of his eyeball pictures.




Ken with Dr. Mark.


Dr. Mark, Annette, and me.



Ken's turn to choose frames.



This was his version of nerd glasses.


We really liked these!


But Ken chose these.


And by coincidence, they're the male version of mine. We'll be twinners... good thing I won't be wearing mine all of the time.


Here's Annette getting everything ready for us.


After paying for everything, we have our FANTASTIC post-dilation glasses.



With my right hand raised, I PROMISE I will not take my camera to my mammogram appointment! Promise.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are so much fun to work with. Love the glasses.

    ReplyDelete