Wednesday, July 20, 2011

112/365 - Too much information...


This might be over sharing but I went to the doctor today to get some medicine refilled. It had been a year since my last medicine check, and he always wants to run blood work. I'd rather have teeth pulled than give blood but that is another story. While I was there, the doctor asked me if I had ever had a mammogram. Umm... no. I turn 37 this year but I thought they began testing at age 40. Evidently I am mistaken. He ordered a mammogram and the hospital called to schedule it today. So it looks like I am going in the second week of August. Maybe I'll die in my sleep before then. Who knows. But I do know this... I am really sad that I am at THAT age when all of this testing begins. Growing up is looking expensive, embarrassing, painful and shirtless evidently.

1 comment:

  1. I had to have a colonoscopy the other day, talk about embarassing....and I am not even 30 year. Close, though ;) Anyway, yes things just get more and more uncomfortable as we get older huh? I am sad that I didn't get to really talk with you at the dinner the other night. Hopefully we will be doing a baby shower for Sydney and can all get together at MiRanchitos, but you gotta watch out for that one guy.....I got your back.

    ReplyDelete