Ken and I decided to spend our Sunday a little different today. We didn't exactly stay for our church meetings but rather went out to my brother Clint's new condo. He has his own place now and is in the process of trying to get things situated for his kids to be able to spend overnights there with him. Clint bought bunk beds but needed some help getting them put together. Although he didn't ask or even hint for us to help, we decided he couldn't do it alone. Today was a day of service. I'll be really honest here... Ken did a lot more of the helping than I did.
The bunk beds were made in Vietnam.
The instructions were an absolute joke!
Still a joke.
This was one of my pathetic jobs. I held stuff. Yep. Big job.
Completed!
Clint has 4 kids.
2 boys and 2 girls.
What you can't tell from the pictures is that he and Ken put together 2 sets of bunk beds. It took quite a while but now it's done and Clint is just waiting for the mattresses to come this week. I've had a fun time shopping for all of the bedding and bedroom stuff for the kids. Ken and I currently have it all in our basement. I'm excited to get all of the brand new stuff in the kid's bedrooms for them to see it. They're pretty excited. Oh course I'll HAVE to post pictures of that later!
One quick funny I have to share is what my nephew, Wesley, said to me. He'll be 12 years old next month. I think the kids are still trying to make sense of their new family situation. This is how the conversation went.
Me: "What do you think of your dad's new house, Wesley?"
Wesley: "I really like it. It has a pool."
Me: "I know! I think that pool is going to be a lot of fun."
Wesley: "Yep. I will be fun. Hey Aunt Kristina, guess what..."
Me: "What?"
Wesley: "We're pretty rich because now we have two houses and one has a pool!!"
I just smiled and nodded my head.
That breaks my heart. How sweet of you guys going and helping set up the beds. It's hard work!
ReplyDelete