I don't know what got into me over the weekend. At about 8:00 p.m. on Saturday while Ken was at work, I suddenly became domesticated and decided to get everything ready for Sunday. I started cooking and cooking. I didn't finish until almost midnight.
I decided the menu for Sunday dinner would be homemade chicken and noodles with Lion House Rolls. All from scratch. Here goes the bread dough...
It certainly doubled in size.
I must have done something right.
I started the chicken cooking.
Ewww... there is nothing worse to me than chicken with skins and bones. But it was ready to be shredded and added back to the pot.
Yum!
Chicken, celery, garlic, onion, parsley, carrots and peas all boiling away.
"Homemade" noodles got added and it all continued to cook.
About an hour and a half later, it's ready to go into the fridge to soak up all of the yummy flavor.
I threw the pan back on the stove Sunday night to bring it all back to a simmer and voila! Dinner is served. It was hot and salty and PERFECT!
The rolls were ready (while the soup was reducing) to go in the oven.
Not perfect, but not too bad for my first attempt at Lion House Rolls. They were delicious too!
I decided to get breakfast ready for Sunday morning so all it needed was to get baked in the oven. This is a potato, egg, bacon, green chili, cheese, garlic and onion casserole I make that we love! Here it is on Saturday night, all ready for the fridge.
Here it is Sunday morning, half gone.
And of course we needed muffins. Blueberry!
Am I the ONLY one who never gets a full dozen out of the mixes?
I have to say...
getting all of our "Sunday food" ready Saturday night sure made my Sunday a lot more enjoyable. I had a lot more lazy time, and Ken and I even watched a movie together on Sunday night. Evidently, the movie is a Shari (Ken's mom) favorite - The Pirates of Penzance. It was fun!!
Wow! I am so impressed with your cooking skills. That is a department where I am severely lacking. Bread and yeast and all that stuff totally intimidates me and I have NEVER made homemade bread or rolls in my life. It looked delicious!
ReplyDeleteCan you please be my neighbor? Seriously, I need someone to cook like this for me. Ken is one lucky man. That soup looks AMAZING!!!! It looks a lot like grandma becks soup that she made all the time for us, SOOOOOOO good. I want that breakfast casserole recipe. mmm and I don't know why it is making me post this funky....but it is Melissa :)
ReplyDelete