Sunday, May 22, 2011

52/365 - Doormats and Keys...

I don't know why I'm so excited over having a new doormat, but I am. I took a little trip to Bed Bath & Beyond yesterday and bought a new mat and mat holder. It's at our front door. I really like it!


I also went to Ross with a friend who needed a baby shower present. Ross is THE best place for baby shower gifts, if you're looking for clothes. Anyhow, this key plaque (pictured below) was laying on a random shelf. Ken had mentioned he wanted somewhere to hang his keys like he had in his old house. I didn't love the idea because I didn't want anything that would look junky and wouldn't tie into the decor. Selfish, I know.

When I saw it, I thought I could live with this one and for $3.00, it was all mine. I hung it on the side of the cabinet in the kitchen, near the door into the house from the garage.


Not wanting to put nails into the cabinet, I used the Command snap strips. Have you used these things? We LOVE them!! Damage free hanging on any surface. They're great!


Anyway, just two little purchases that made me extra happy this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment