I blogged on Sunday about Ken and I going out to my brother Clint's new condo to help put together bunk beds. You can read that post here. Ken was working last night, but I went back out to Clint's to finish getting the bedrooms ready for his kids.
I've been shopping and collecting things for Clint and the kids for weeks. Clint has had a lot to worry about right now, and I thought maybe if I did some of the shopping for him it would help him. I think it did. I am happy to report that I didn't pay full price for anything! I had a lot of fun buying things for my nieces and nephews who I love dearly!
We took an entire car load of stuff for Clint out with us on Sunday.
All of this went out with me last night.
ALL of this was for his kids.
I'm a little glad it's out of our basement.
It's a good thing Ken was working because I don't know where he would have sat.
Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE pillows. My trunk was stuffed. I had 2 pillows for each child. One to sleep on and one for their decorator pillow sham. Clint pretty much thought I was nuts. I didn't really care.
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to not be able to see out the back window of your car. I was an accident waiting to happen.
The view through the rear view mirror. Yikes!
I have to say that my brother Clint was a trooper! He had NO IDEA what I was bringing out. He just took it all with a grain of salt and helped me pull it all together without a single complaint.
Here we go...
We got started on the boy's room.
I figured they needed a sign for their door.
Making the beds...
Voila!
Wyatt and Wesley will share this room and they're both into sports. Both the top bed and bottom bed have the exact same bedding on them. I thought that would be prefect and not too juvenile.
Here is the main wall.
Here is the same wall after we hung up the metal wall decor I fell in love with at Hobby Lobby.
We moved on over to the girl's room.
If the boys get a sign, the girls should too!
Here's their bedding!
Same as in the boy's room - both beds have the same bedding.
It's kind of a weird purple/pink/light blue paisley mess.
I thought it was fun and that they would like it.
(not to mention I was able to get each comforter for 80% off!)
Hanging more junk on the walls.
There was a wallpaper border in the room that was peeling off and was ripped in one area. How did we fix that?
I slapped a dragonfly over it. The wingspan was the perfect size to cover the rip. Problem solved!
Thanks to my BFF, Tiffany, for the little baby bathing station. She gave it to me to pass on to Clint. Camille and Eryn will love it!
4 hours later we're finished.
Very tired, but finished.
The kids will be seeing their new rooms tomorrow.
I hope they like them!
DARLING!!!!! You truly have a talent for decorating. That is something that I don't really possess--painted walls, that is what I call decorating. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are such great aunt/uncles!!! They are lucky to have you and will LOVE their new rooms.
ReplyDeleteWanna come help me hang some vinyl? :) The rooms are awesome. You're a wonderful sister to help your brother out like you are...and to give those cuties rooms where they will feel at home.
ReplyDeleteLooks amazing Kristina. What a great aunt and sister you are. They are so lucky!!
ReplyDelete