Thursday, May 12, 2011

42/365 - What are you doing on Aug. 2, 2012 at 7:30 p.m.?

I don't know what you'll be doing, 
but Ken and I will be seeing Wicked on 8/2/12.


Last time it came to Salt Lake City a few years ago, it was sold out before anyone could really get tickets. It was really disappointing. Last night at Young Women's, one of the members of the presidency was saying that she had just bought tickets for the 2012 tour. When I asked her how she had done that, she told me that she is a season ticket holder at the Capital Theatre and they were offering tickets to them first. Of course you know what I did next... I told her I would really, really, really love to get my hand on some. We got on her computer at her house and I started looking at dates and seats. I was able to get second row center seats. I'm pretty excited!

We saw Wicked in London on our honeymoon. That post is here. We actually saw the play on August 2, 2010. It's totally random that we'll see it exactly 2 years later, but kind of a fun thought.




Here's my receipt from my purchase last night. We went ahead and bought 4 tickets (sorry but the other 2 are spoken for) for the performance. My cute mom has been dying to see it. The other 2 tickets are hers.



So there you are! It's a long wait. A very long wait. But I'm really glad we were able to get tickets this time around. Until August 2, 2012 (insert deep sigh here) I will just have to defy gravity by listening to the soundtrack.

1 comment:

  1. We got tickets too! My mom is a season pass holder. It's my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete