Monday, May 30, 2011

60/365 - Memorial Day...

Ken and I went to the cemetery today in honor of Memorial Day. It was cloudy and rainy, but there were a lot of people there. We have a pretty cemetery in our city. It's been there a long time, and the trees are big and established.


Lots and lots of people!


We started at my grandparents grave. They're my dad's parents (both of my mom's parents are alive) and passed away years ago. My grandma died in 1995 and my grandpa died a year and a half later.


We also visited Ken's grandparents grave. They are his dad's parents. I never met them. They passed away years before I ever met Ken.


Both of our paternal grandparents are buried close to each other. If you find the grave to one, you'll find the other. I photo shopped out the other headstones but the closer grave is Ken's grandparents and the one in the background are my grandparents. In such a huge cemetery, it's so weird that they're so close together.


We headed over to visit Ken's grandparents from his mom's side. I never knew Ken's grandpa. I've heard great things about him though. Ken has really good memories of him. But I met his grandma several times and she was one classy lady!


Someone had put some really beautiful flowers on their grave.



And right next to them are Ken's great grandparents on his mom's side. They too had some really beautiful flowers.


I always love Memorial Day. 
I love the way the cemeteries look. 
If I die before you do, please keep one thing in mind. I really don't want any pink flowers. Ken has been given specific orders. No pink flowers, pink casket, or pink creepy casket satin lining. Just avoid it. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. It's true. Grandma B was very classy. Man, I loved her. And the fact that she let us live there, and Grandma Romney and Ken all at the same time....either means she was crazy, or amazingly nice. I go for the latter.

    We were unable to go to the cemetery, so thanks for posting the pics :)

    ReplyDelete