This week was teacher appreciation week at my school. I first posted about it here. It was such a GREAT week for me! I have the best parents, and everyone was so eager to do something nice for me. The PTA always had a ton of food in the faculty room for us each day. I had parents bring me in lunch every day this week. I also got more fun things from the kids.
Here's a little hodge podge picture of the plants, candy, and other fun things I received.
One of my little boys gave me this cute Mary Engelbreit resin nameplate that says teacher. He was so proud of himself. He told me that in his mind, it should go right in front of our television.
Done and done!
More goodies! Diet Coke (the kids think this is a permanent fixture in my classroom), my favortie candy - M&M's (about a 4 1/2 lb. bag - oh geez!), gift card for iTunes, Chili's, and Hobby Lobby. $150.00 to Hobby Lobby - can you believe that?! Way too kind!! And there were also some DIVINE sugary croissant muffin things. Ken and I polished those off. They were heavenly!
Every day, several of the kids would bring me a single flower. The flower giving got spaced out during the entire week...
...and we ended up with this arrangement. I "arranged" them the best I could. The kids were so proud of themselves!
My amazing room mom made me a DVD of each student telling me why they love me. It is hilarious! She also had each child make a page for a book that she put together. It's pretty funny too. I'll share pages from it on another post.
I wish everyone had a job where they were extra appreciated for their work. This year my teacher appreciation week was just plain fun! I have some amazing students with amazing parents!
Okay, no kidding, diet coke and plain m&m's are my FAVORITE foods in the world too!
ReplyDeleteMan, I want to be a teacher just for the teacher appreciation week. That is awesome!