Friday is my day for morning recess duty.
This morning it was STILL raining, surprise surprise.
While I was on recess duty, a bunch of kids ran over to me to tell me that there was a toad. I went over to see what was going on and sure enough! There was a big, fat, slimy toad. He blended in pretty well. I'm a little surprised the kids all found him at all.
I have no idea how it got itself clear up to the building but it did. The toad was perched under the spill for the rain gutter. He has certainly had a lot of water to soak in. We got the school custodian to come and get the toad while I kept the kids away. We were afraid that the toad could die if all of the kids crowded around and began poking it.
Billy, our custodian, scooped him up and moved him to the field next to our school and put him by a ditch there. Kind of an interesting event!
Kids always end up finding the cool stuff! Ha. I've never seen a toad at my school, but we had a moth just chillin on the side of the building once. It was as long as the height of the brick!!
ReplyDeleteOh Billy. It was so good to see you.
ReplyDelete