Yesterday, Ken had the day off of work. I had mentioned to him a few times that I would really like to go to Thanksgiving Point and see their annual tulip festival. So Ken met me in my classroom after school and off we went! Thanksgiving Point is about a 10 minute drive from my school. The admission price is $10.00 per person, but well worth it. We really enjoyed our time there!
We got a map of the gardens and started walking around.
It's about a 3 1/2 mile stroll through the amazing gardens.
Here's a map of the tulip festival.
Here are a few of the pictures we snapped.
It was a BEAUTIFUL day! Truly one of the first real spring days we've had where the temperature was actually in the low 70's. We arrived around 5:00 p.m. and left just before 8:00 p.m. We couldn't have asked for a nicer day to casually stroll around the gardens.
Both Ken and I were so glad we went!
It sort of reminded us about our honeymoon to Europe last summer walking and walking and walking through the parks with a camera, a bottle of diet Coke, and a bottle of water. It was a great way to spend a date night!



Thanksgiving point is one of our favorite places and we just went to the tulip festival last week. So pretty.
ReplyDeleteI loved your post above, too, about the first graders. Where do you teach? Looks near to where I live. I have a first grader--they are hysterical. If I were a teacher, I would pick first grade. It is such a cute age.