I'm grateful for good friends, water under the bridge, and forgiveness. "Nuke", my best friend from high school and I had a pretty bad falling out a few months before I left on my mission - all over a boy, of course. While I was on my mission, she married that very boy that caused us to drift apart. It was pretty devastating to me at the time. Years went by (about 15 of them) and we didn't speak, although I thought of her a lot over the years.
We reconnected about a year and a half or so ago. It was almost like no time had passed at all. Of course things were a lot different, life had taken us both to different places. She got married at 21, I left for a mission. She started a family, I focused on college. She's dealing with a teenager at home, I'm dealing with 33 first graders. She's going through the transition of a divorce, I'm still transitioning through marriage. We're both in very different places, but our reconnection has been a huge blessing in both of our lives.
We like to meet up twice a month at...
...our favorite place! We went there on Wednesday night and had a great meal with deep conversation. We reminisced about the good, the bad, and the ugly. My cheeks were KILLING me from laughing so hard.
It is so great to have her back in my life! Seriously, great beyond words. Even though we missed a lot of events in each other's lives, I'm grateful she's back. Sometimes good friends are just meant to stay friends no matter what! And no matter what direction life takes them, they always find a way to return.
Warms my heart to know this. I wish I could sneak in on one of your rendezvous at Cheesecake Factory. I could use some good gut laughing!
ReplyDelete