Tuesday, May 17, 2011

47/365 - I Take The Cake...


It's Teacher Appreciation week at our school. I have to say, it's only Tuesday but this has been the best Teacher Appreciation week I've ever had. I came in Monday morning and my classroom door had been decorated over the weekend. 
It's very cute!


Yesterday, the gifts began to arrive. Jordan, one of my students, brought me some cookies wrapped up all cute. My favorite part was his card. It reads...
"I wish you a teachers day. I (heart) you Miss Atums"
(clearly I'm a success as a teacher... Adams is spelled kind of like it sounds -geez!)


African Violets remind me of being a kid. 
My mom always had them (and still does) on her flower cart in the living room. 


$10.00 to a bakery/cafe and $25.00 to a clothing store along with a cute quote book. I feel spoiled already.


And the flowers... each student keeps packing in flowers that we add to a vase a mom brought in. I LOVE the droopy tulips on the left. The little girl felt bad because the tulips "got sad on the long bus ride". I think they're prefect!


I have such great support at my school. Evidently, lunch has been lined up for me all week. Moms are bringing it in, and I had a few bring me in some last week as well. One mom told me that all of the lunch sign ups had been taken but she wanted to bring me lunch anyway. I have really great parents! It's so nice to be extra appreciated!

1 comment: